] What are the cultural themes of this decade??
] 1. Strife - Terror. Fear. Security. War. Partisanship.
] 2. Marketing killed the human spirit - The new music sucks
] because its too marketed. Too much a product and not a
] statement. The spirit of the Olympic Games is hard to hold
] onto when people are getting fired for wearing the wrong brand
] of tennis shoes. The internet is a cesspool of pop up-ads and
] spam. You can't believe in anything anymore because the minute
] someone makes something worth believing in they try to use it
] to sell soda pop.
] 3. Bloggers.
] Is that it? Am I being too cynical here? What am I missing?
4. Gas Prices
5. Atkins and "Carbs"
6. Most people assume whatever we do, we're still the good guys because the system we have prevents us from doing any evil. Even when the leadership mostly admits we're up to no good, we're still heros.
7. No viable outlet for any type of art. No way to get it popular enough to sell by self publishing and promotion, not enough creative control to make it safe enough for someone else to publish or sell.
8. Copyright and Privacy are both fucked for the same reason.
9. There is no usefull media for effective public discourse.
10. Most people think voting out the person they don't want in will fix these problems.
RE: What is this decade all about?