Enjoy superior comfort, upscale amenities, and polished professional service — at speeds up to 150 mph — aboard Acela Express. The Acela Express experience includes:
* A faster trip with fewer stops
* Reserved First Class and Business Class seating
* At-seat electrical outlets for your laptop or DVD player
* Adjustable lighting and large tray tables
* Conference tables
* Quiet Car
* Cafe Car
* At Seat Cart Service on select trains
I took the Acela from New York to Washington for the first time last night. This is the way to travel! Comfortable seats, leg room, tables, power, and no TSA. It's totally hassle free travel. You can even get bottled beer in the Cafe Car to enjoy while watching the world go by at 150mph.
It's a little pricey, but the value is there. If only it went down to Atlanta...
When I fly out to DC, Acela is my preference. Fly into BWI, hop the train and walk out of Union Station ala Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington. It generally ends up being a little cheaper because the rates to BWI tend to be much lower than going to Dulles or National.