Create an Account
username: password:
 
  MemeStreams Logo

I live on a pirate ship

search

Hijexx
Picture of Hijexx
My Blog
My Profile
My Audience
My Sources
Send Me a Message

sponsored links

Hijexx's topics
Arts
  Movies
   Documentary
  Electronic Music
Business
  Finance & Accounting
  Telecom Industry
Games
Health and Wellness
Home and Garden
Miscellaneous
  Humor
Current Events
Recreation
(Local Information)
Science
  Biology
Society
  Politics and Law
   Civil Liberties
    Internet Civil Liberties
  Media
Sports
Technology
  Computer Security
  Linux
  High Tech Developments

support us

Get MemeStreams Stuff!


 
Current Topic: Local Information

Buzz & Click IV in Nashville, Sat Nov 4th 8pm at The End, 2219 Elliston Pl
Topic: Local Information 11:13 am EST, Nov  2, 2006

(sorry for the late post, better late than never though eh?)

On Saturday November 4, that monster that DJ B and I created is shuffling back into town - That’s right, it’s Buzz and Click time again! On the advent of this 4th installment of the Mid-South’s premier electronic music showcase, the net has been cast out a bit further this year, bringing more artists from the greater South East and more variety to the evening’s entertainment! This year’s lineup:

8:00 aTHeNa BLue (Electronics/Keyboards - Nashville)
8:30 Matt Hamilton (Treated Guitar - Nashville)
9:00 Circuit Breakers (Computer & Electronics - Chattanooga)
9:30 Bluff Duo (Winds and Prepared Guitar - Nashville)
10:00 Logickal (Computers and Electronics - Nashville)
10:30 Taiwan Deth (Guitar, Sax, Electronics - Nashville)
11:00 Anemone (Computers and Electronics - Nashville)
11:30 3kStatic (Computers, Keyboards, Drums - Tampa FL & Nashville)
12:00 The Potato Battery Experiment (Sax,Potato Battery and More - Nashville)
12:30 Let’s Say Baltimore (Drums, Bass, Guitars, Electronics - Nashville)
Also, it’s going back to its birthplace: The End on Elliston Place. This is a great room to play in in a great location. Once again, it’s being sponsored by WRVU Radio , and the $5 goes directly to benefit the radio station. Because of the number of artists on the bill, music starts promptly at 8, so don’t be late!

Executive Summary

Buzz & Click 4, Saturday November 4th - The End (2219 Elliston Place) 8pm - $5

Buzz & Click IV in Nashville, Sat Nov 4th 8pm at The End, 2219 Elliston Pl


Davidson County tax hike fails by 2-to-1 margin
Topic: Local Information 10:57 pm EDT, Sep 13, 2005

A proposed half-cent sales tax increase for schools failed at the polls today in Nashville by a 2-to-1 margin.

With 100% of all precincts reporting, there were 15,389 votes in favor of the increase, or about 30% of the votes tallied, and 36,090 against it, which is roughly 70% of the balloting, election officials said around 9:15 p.m. today.

That total included early and paper ballots and all of Davidson County’s 172 precincts.

The question was whether to raise the local sales tax, which if approved would have brought the combined Metro and state rates to 9.75 cents on the dollar.

Voter turnout was light today, officials said.

...

You don't say? Hard to think that out of 300,000 + registered voters here, only 50,000 bothered to show up to the polls for this. I'm satisfied that this was soundly defeated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just have property tax increases?

Davidson County tax hike fails by 2-to-1 margin


RE: Audio mp3 of Kerry doing the Flip Flop
Topic: Local Information 11:51 pm EDT, Oct 20, 2004

biochik007 wrote:
] w1ld wrote:
] ] mp3 of Kerry support both sides of many issues.
]
] That rox! sad but true, sad but funny...

Actually, its not true. Its standard issue political dishonesty, and the people who buy into it are the problem with this country. I mean it.

Political issues are complex. The way that politicians manipulate you is by pretending that they are not. This works as follows:

1. Say you are going to do A. (Example: Save the children.)
2. Demonstrate that A is good. (The children are at risk!)
3. Ask people if they support A. (Don't you want to save the children?!)
4. Once people have expressed support for A, propose legislation that includes both A and B (Section A says we want to save the children. Section B proposes doing do by disposing of toxic waste by turning into candy and distributing it on Halloween.)
5. When people vote against your legislation because of section B, accuse them of opposing section A. (How dare you suggest that we shouldn't save the children! Don't you want to save the children!?)
6. If all else fails, accuse your opponent of being inconsistent. (First, you said you wanted to save the children. Now you say you don't.)
7. Never actually discuss part B.

Everyone will go along with it, because they are too fucking stupid to bother to actually read the legislation in question. It works every time.

In this case:
1. Say that you are going to disarm Saddam Hussein.
2. Publish intelligence information of questionable value (in one case ripped verbatim from a college student's class report) supporting the idea that Saddam is an imminent threat. No one can question this information because you control the intelligence services and they sign off on the intel.
3. Ask Congress to pass a resolution supporting your effort to disarm Saddam Hussein.
4. Once the resolution has passed, blow off the international allies who typically provide the financing for such military adventures and launch a pre-emptive war that significantly undermines established international law concerning military conflicts (only as a last resort, only in self defense).
5. When people oppose you because of part 4, accuse them of opposing the idea of disarming Saddam Hussein. Make sure you completely confuse the concepts of what was done and how it was done.
6. If all else fails, accuse your opponent of flip-flopping (First, you said you wanted the war, now you say you oppose it.)
7. Don't talk about how we're going to pay for this. When it turns out that there is no WMD, claim we are there to support democracy, while simultaneously stating that you are fine with an Islamic Fundamentalist state in Iraq if thats what the people there want.

This is how politicians fuck you. Bend over. You are being fucked.

RE: Audio mp3 of Kerry doing the Flip Flop


RE: Saturday, 09/11/04 | Middle Tennessee News & Information
Topic: Local Information 1:25 pm EDT, Sep 11, 2004

IconoclasT wrote:
] I think I need a WTF / Stupid People category.. What a
] dumbass!
]
] What do you get when you try to pass a 15-foot, 9-inch
] tractor-trailer under a bridge with a posted 14-foot
] clearance?
]
] A least $100,000 in damage and one of Nashville's main
] interstate arteries closed from 9:45 a.m. until about 2:30
] p.m.
]
] Yesterday morning marked the eighth time since 1991 that the
] Demonbreun Street overpass above Interstate 40 had been hit by
] a tractor-trailer carrying an oversized load, said Kim Keelor,
] a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Department of
] Transportation.

I wonder what that must have felt like if you were on the bridge at the time. They have a natural jiggle even when the traffic is stopped. Must have been a bumpy ride when it hit!

RE: Saturday, 09/11/04 | Middle Tennessee News & Information


RE: pentagon121.swf (application/x-shockwave-flash Object)
Topic: Local Information 2:11 pm EDT, Sep  4, 2004

skullaria wrote:
] Okay conspiracy whackos here's a flash movie about 9-11 and
] the plane that hit the pentagon. Most compelling to me is the
] fact that there was no wreckage of a plane in any of the
] pictures.
]
] Me too- and why not release the films?

There was wreckage found, scroll down on this link for pictures:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ppfinal.html

The whole in the back ring was most likely caused by the engine. The engine was not made out of the same material that the fuselage was, it was much more substantial and had 500+ mph of intertia behind it. I could run the physics on it but that explanation should appeal to common sense.

As for the movies being confiscated, you forget what the target was. This is the Pentagon. The heart of planning for the US Military Industrial Complex. They did not want the footage out to be aired repeatedly. It is militarily significant information. The plane hit the area of the Pentagon that was most recently fortified with steel beams, mesh material similar to Kevlar, and thicker blast resistant windows. For foreign militaries to have these videos would be a national security risk.

Yes, I think they did it on purpose. I think it was a convenient time to run a live test on the structure. All that captured video has given them lots of data, I'm sure.

I also agree with Michael Rivero's belief that if the 9/11 Truth movement gets too out of hand, they will trot out a "newly discovered" video of the plane hitting the Pentagon to discredit the whole thing. There are many theorists out there pitching this "no Pentagon plane" theory who also have EXCELLENT theory on WTC. Once their Pentagon theory is discredited, no one will take their WTC work seriously. That, in turn, will discredit the work of those who have been saying what I say all along.

If you are going to fight for the truth, pick your battles carefully. Go with your gut. Do you really believe a plane did not hit the Pentagon? My gut tells me that no matter what I think, I don't have enough evidence. There are plenty of photographs after the fact, but as far as video of the actual attack, we only have 5 frames of video that the government have given us. They are of such a low quality as to be useless. My webcam takes better pictures. Why would you treat them as a trusted source? Because they come from the government who you believe did 9/11 themselves? Don't you think it would be in their best interest to feed disinformation?

For me, I accept the "official story" of the Pentagon because there are more important battles to fight. All you can do is let people know the fishy circumstances surrounding the day, like the wargames that the CIA and NORARD were running on 9/11 involving hijacked planes.[1]

To give you an idea of what mentality some 9/11 researchers have, compare these photos:

Photo 1:

http://members.shaw.ca/fre... [ Read More (0.4k in body) ]

RE: pentagon121.swf (application/x-shockwave-flash Object)


RE: Biafra hits Nashvegas
Topic: Local Information 1:11 pm EST, Mar 24, 2003

flynn23 wrote:
] Decius wrote:
] ] flynn23 wrote:
] ] ] Jello will be performing a spoken word engagement on
] ] Saturday
] ] ] afternoon at the Mercy Lounge (the Cannery). More details
] ] ] later.
] ]
] ] So, can we get a report on this? What was said?
]
] at the last minute, I decided not to go. The weather was too
] nice, the Wings/Avs game was too close, and I was cuddled up
] on the couch with my sweetheart. None of these things are
] sufficient foreplay for political rhetoric. That and the fact
] that scheduling a 4pm show on a Saturday is kinda lame.
]
] I was hoping someone else went.

I went. It was pretty long, I think it ran about 4 hours total. The majority of what I remember was from his latest spoken word album. Jello definately has a stage presence that you just have to see. He did his older "what passes for news in the US" bit where he talks about Time and Newsweek covers. It was fun to actually see him holding up the magazines while doing the bit. He also held up a "Tipper Rocks!" campaign swag item from some Democratic convention he got into. That bit was pretty damn funny.

He had a lot to say at one point about the blowback we can expect from what we're doing in the mideast. I tried to keep up but it went by pretty fast. He hit the bullet points about the warring factions and tribal relationships. I haven't heard that bit recorded anywhere before. He's been doing his homework on this though. Interesting to note that while he was discussing this the showmanship was gone, he wasn't looking down at his papers. He was pretty somber when discussing the blowback.

I brought my MD out but I only got the last couple hours or so, I'll encode it at some point and share. Words were spoken at the end that we should become the media. I can't agree more.

RE: Biafra hits Nashvegas


 
 
Powered By Industrial Memetics
RSS2.0