1. You can only work for people that you like.
2. If you have a choice never have a job.
3. Some people are toxic; avoid them.
4. Professionalism is not enough or the good is the enemy of the great.
5. Less is not necessarily more.
6. Style is not to be trusted.
7. How you live changes your brain.
8. Doubt is better than certainty.
9. Learn how to age gracefully.
10. Tell the truth.
It's possible to get accustomed to anything. Make bloody sure you are aware of what you've become accustomed to.
Have you seen "Doubt"?
Father Brendan Flynn: You haven't the slightest proof of anything!
Sister Aloysius Beauvier: But I have my certainty!
Science makes me feel stupid too. It's just that I've gotten used to it.
Ten Things I Have Learned