A man is comatose in a Las Vegas hospital after the deadly poison ricin was found in his hotel room, police told CNN affiliate KLAS-TV on Friday.
Police don't suspect foul play in the poisoning, KLAS reported. The FBI said it was treating the case as a criminal investigation and terrorism was not suspected.
"We don't know who [the ricin] belongs to or why it would be here at this time," said Capt. Joe Lombardo of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Authorities were called to an Extended Stay America hotel around 3 p.m. PT Thursday after a man brought a bag with a small container to the manager's office. The man said he found it while retrieving items from a hotel room.
Ricin left in a hotel room in Vegas... That should raise some eyebrows.
There is some conflicting information in this article. There is this:
Tests to confirm the substance found in the room was ricin are under way.
But then there is this:
The substance is "100 percent ricin," Lombardo said.
Report: Man comatose after exposure to ricin poison - CNN.com