Political issues are complex. The way that politicians manipulate you is by pretending that they are not. This works as follows:
1. Say you are going to do A. (Example: Save the children.)
2. Demonstrate that A is good. (The children are at risk!)
3. Ask people if they support A. (Don't you want to save the children?!)
4. Once people have expressed support for A, propose legislation that includes both A and B (Section A says we want to save the children. Section B proposes doing do by disposing of toxic waste by turning into candy and distributing it on Halloween.)
5. When people vote against your legislation because of section B, accuse them of opposing section A. (How dare you suggest that we shouldn't save the children! Don't you want to save the children!?)
6. If all else fails, accuse your opponent of being inconsistent. (First, you said you wanted to save the children. Now you say you don't.)
7. Never actually discuss part B.
This is how politicians fuck you. Bend over. You are being fucked.
[ You boiled the issue down to it's essense and left a very clinical picture of what actually goes on. Good job. ]
RE: Audio mp3 of Kerry doing the Flip Flop