Thank you shannon for giving passes to the show in philly. It rocked. I particularly enjoyed the JayZ + Linkin Park show. Not that I like JayZ or Linkin Park particularly... it was just the specticle.
Other bits of note:
* Sarah McLachlan did an extremely moving set, but when does she not?
* Natalie Portman had a ultra short buzz cut.
* As much as I didn't want to admit it Dave Matthews puts on a pretty good show.
* Black Eyed Peas rocked it.
* And the drummer from Def Leppard (still) only has one arm.
But the whole point of the shows is to raise awareness during the G8 summit about the plight of extreme poverity. Bono thinks he can cure it with music. I was pretty sceptical of the whole idea, but after seeing 1M people in philly all jamming... maybe, just maybe, it sinked in to a some. And some is a start, because the problem is pretty bad. Raising awareness for the G8 summit and creating a forum to let world leaders know that there is global support for this cause is a good start.
Listen to me... getting all soft on those damn poor people.
LIVE 8 – The Long Walk to Justice